Duke Information Systems for Cardiovascular Care
What We Do
The DISCC Group is responsible for:
- Development, deployment, maintenance, and management of the information systems used for the documentation and reporting of non-invasive, invasive, interventional, and surgical cardiac procedures performed in the Duke Heart Center.
- Systems integration of vendor-provided information technology solutions with the Duke environment.
- Quality assessment and performance improvement, including analytics and registry reporting, across the cardiovascular service line.
The expertise of the DISCC Group spans:
- Cardiovascular clinical domain expertise (physician, nursing, clinical Informatics)
- Computational programming, data science
- Industrial (process) engineering, user-centered design
- Database management, data modeling
- Analytics, statistics, process modeling
- Clinical innovation, implementation science
The work of the DISCC group includes:
- Quality assessment and performance improvement
- Registry management (ACC, AHA, and STS)
- SQL server reporting services (PowerBI, Tableau, others)
- Data modeling, transformation, integration (sources including Epic, REDCap, Lumedx)
- Data representation, analytics, and statistics (e.g., SSIS)
- Point of care data collection, UI design, .NET development
- Clinical procedure structure reporting
- Data interoperabilty, data and information interfaces
- Clinical research support